Part-time Collections Representative
JOB ID: 1539
JOB CATEGORY: Operations Administrative
POSITION TYPE: Regular Part-Time
We are currently looking for a Collections Representative to deliver a high level of customer service by helping to resolve delinquent customer accounts.
• Initiate collection activities on past due accounts (calls, letters, and emails) and follow-up on all items
• Process credit card payments including posting to accounts and logging activity
• Provide a high level of customer account management by properly maintaining account information
• Communicate with Customer Service Center (CSC) employees to verify and correct posted items
• Resolve all dispute cases to a mutual satisfactory end between the customer and company
• Analyze accounts receivable information to determine priority and produce aging reports
***This is a part-time position offering approximately 20 hours per week.***
Why Suburban Propane? Suburban Propane takes pride in serving our part-time employees and does so by offering competitive pay with incentive potential, paid vacation, personal and sick pay, online learning opportunities and training, and a 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting based on eligibility requirements.
- A minimum of a High School diploma, GED or equivalent training and experience
- A minimum of 1 - 2 years of collections experience preferred
As part of our pre-employment hiring process background checks and drug screens are performed.
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in fuel oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of propane, natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. With over 3,000 employees, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 41 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers.