JOB ID: 1591
JOB CATEGORY: Operations Management
POSITION TYPE: Regular Full-Time
We are currently looking for an energetic and motivated Operations Manager to play a pivotal role in the success of our company by managing multiple key operational areas of our business.
- Assist with the day to day operations of a local Customer Service Center (CSC), focusing on service, distribution, and storage activities
- Design and execute service processes including preparing work orders, requisition of parts and instruments, repairs and service work, completion of job folders, production schedules, dispatch activities, route forecasting and preparation and scheduling of work hours
- Maintain the vehicle fleet by coordinating the preventative maintenance of vehicles, repairs, and licensing
- Maintain fuel, distribution and service-related inventory quality compliance and control
- Oversee and manage the daily distribution and/or service workload, project workforce and material needs to ensure seasonal demand coverage and service
- Recruit and retain employees who possess knowledge, experience and behavioral skills that will help the company reach its goals
Why Suburban Propane? Suburban Propane takes pride in serving our employees and does so by offering competitive pay with incentive potential and a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, HSA and FSAs, paid vacation, personal and sick pay, tuition assistance, online learning opportunities and training, and a 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting.
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Understanding of distribution, fuel industry concepts, practices, and procedures preferred
- Ability to motivate employees in a challenging and dynamic business environment
As part of our pre-employment hiring process background checks and drug screens are performed.
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in fuel oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of propane, natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. With over 3,000 employees, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 41 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers.
Suburban Propane is proud to be an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans in accordance with all applicable laws.