Seasonal Customer Service Representative
JOB ID: 1657
JOB CATEGORY: Customer Service
POSITION TYPE: Temporary Full-Time
Monthly Bonus up to $300 plus competitive pay!
We are currently looking for a Seasonal Customer Service Representative to play a pivotal role in helping to support excellent customer service, customer retention and new customer acquisition. As a Customer Service Representative, you will serve as a main point of contact for our customers by handling inbound and outbound sales and service related calls and performing administrative functions ensuring the highest level of customer service, quality, efficiency and accuracy in all that you do. Our seasonal employees are so essential to our business that if you are hired for this position we will provide you with a monthly bonus up to $300.
• Handle incoming calls and utilize a proactive sales approach with every customer interaction to uncover additional sales and service opportunities
• Maintain an in-depth knowledge of Suburban Propane products and services, customer account and billing processes, new customer information, and various policies and procedures related to product delivery and service
• Present a professional, confident and enthusiastic image to develop trusting relationships with all customers
• Provide high levels of customer account management by properly setting up and maintaining account information and data
• Process and coordinate Accounts Receivable, Collections and Accounts Payable functions and activities
• Handle administrative, data entry, reporting and reconciliation around asset and inventory controls and purchasing
• Coordinate with Customer Service Center (CSC), regional and corporate employees to ensure high levels of customer service and achieve operational efficiencies
• May assist with route forecasting and maintenance and with the scheduling of daily service work, installation and repairs
Why Suburban Propane? Suburban Propane takes pride in serving our seasonal employees and does so by offering competitive pay with seasonal bonus, sick pay, and a 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting based on eligibility requirements.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in a customer service role
• Minimum of a High School diploma or GED preferred
• Solid computer skills including Microsoft Office, data entry and the ability to run and analyze reports
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments in a team environment
As part of our pre-employment hiring process background checks and drug screens are performed.
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in fuel oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of propane, natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. With over 3,000 employees, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 41 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers.
Suburban Propane is proud to be an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans in accordance with all applicable laws.