Part-time Payment Processing Representative
JOB ID: 1726
JOB CATEGORY: Corporate Opportunities
POSITION TYPE: Regular Part-Time
Suburban’s Cash Applications Department has a new opportunity for a Part-time Payment Processing Representative to be based in our corporate office located in Whippany, NJ. In this position, the employee will research and deposit customer payments and ensure that all information is accurate and complete. You will be required to handle and/or delegate all customer correspondence that is received in the mail. The employee will also be responsible for collaborating with other personnel within the Cash Applications Department, as well as, handling any additional projects as assigned.
- Open and sort mail payments by location and by payment batches.
- Research customer payments to ensure they are applied as the customer has requested.
- Create batches and run calculator tape for items included in a batch.
- Apply check payments to open charges on customer accounts using a check scanning system.
- Process credit card payments including posting to accounts and logging activity.
- Handle any duties (balancing & totaling accounts at the end of the day) associated with the processing of customer payments.
- Provide a high level of customer account management by properly maintaining account information and data.
- Complete change of address requests from United States Postal Service (USPS).
- Assist with research with more complex requests from the field.
- Complete Adjustment Request Form for Accounts Receivables.
- Maintain incoming Electronic Receivable Services (ERS) Scrub Files.
- Assist Cash Application Administrator with their daily responsibilities when needed.
***This is a part-time position offering approximately 29 hours per week.***
Why Suburban Propane? Suburban Propane takes pride in serving our part-time employees and does so by offering competitive pay with incentive potential, paid vacation, personal and sick pay, online learning opportunities and training, and a 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting based on eligibility requirements.
- Minimum of High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Understanding of basic computer applications including MS Office
- Ability to learn and apply multiple business software applications
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to operate a 10-key machine by touch
As part of our pre-employment hiring process background checks and drug screens are performed.
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in fuel oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of propane, natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. With over 3,000 employees, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 41 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers.
If you require assistance with the application process please call 1-844-774-4737
Suburban Propane is proud to be an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans in accordance with all applicable laws.