Digital Marketing Strategy Manager
JOB ID: 1793
JOB CATEGORY: Corporate Opportunities
POSITION TYPE: Regular Full-Time
We are currently looking for a Digital Marketing Strategy Manager to be responsible for the successful management and execution of digital strategy for all Suburban Propane brands. This role leads the communication of Suburban Propane’s brand, vision, and differentiated value proposition to ensure an elevated level of customer experience on all digital platforms in an effort to acquire and retain customers.
- Create and execute the Digital Experience (DX), go-to-market strategy, and evangelize Digital Experience, on internal and customer facing digital platforms
- Managing, creating, and editing YouTube based blog
- Develop unique strategies with established KPIs that build upon current customer and field sales strategy within the digital arena to meet/exceed objectives
- Plan, manage, analyze and improve all digital marketing efforts (inbound and outbound)
- Support measurable digital strategies to drive brand growth from an omnichannel strategy including geo-targeting to boost regional growth, cross-channel purchasing, and other omnichannel customer segmentation opportunities
- Deliver effective digital marketing recommendations and handle the day-to-day operations of all digital projects, including research, scope development, creative briefing, and job execution
- Manage insights into customer and prospect online behavior and key motivational/attitudinal behavior and translate these to measurable outcomes
- Seek optimization and growth through continuous cadence of A/B and multivariate testing, customer segmentation, creative partnership, and landing page optimization
- Operate as the internal digital marketing thought leader; helping to identify digital marketing trends, new technologies, evolving best practices, competitor activity, and learning opportunities that help drive the business
- Develop and implement multi-channel strategy
Why Suburban Propane? Suburban Propane takes pride in serving our employees and does so by offering competitive pay with incentive potential and a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, HSA and FSAs, paid vacation, personal and sick pay, tuition assistance, online learning opportunities and training, and a 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting.
- Bachelor’s degree required (Marketing, Ecommerce, Information Systems preferred)
- 5-7 years of digital marketing experience with a proven track record in driving customer acquisition and revenue growth (in a client or agency environment)
- Previous web management experience
- Expert knowledge of Word Press, HTML, PHP
- Expert knowledge of digital print & video, editing, and production
- Knowledge of Survey Monkey, Constant Contact, or comparable tools
- Service industry digital experience a plus
- Strongly KPI oriented: acquisition, conversion, ROI
- Previous experience with A/B and Multivariate testing
- Exceptional understanding of all aspects of digital marketing and analytics, especially paid search, natural search (SEO/SEM), display, and retargeting, and Social Media driven marketing
- Strong proficiency in Omniture, Google Analytics and other web metric systems
- Strong experience in managing agency relationships and Social Media management
- Agency experience a plus
This position requires limited travel up to 15% of the time.
As part of our pre-employment hiring process background checks and drug screens are performed.
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers. Specializing in propane, heating oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. With over 3,000 employees, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 41 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers through over 600 locations.
Suburban Propane is proud to be an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans in accordance with all applicable laws.