Application Systems & Programming Manager
JOB ID: 2000
JOB CATEGORY: Corporate Opportunities
POSITION TYPE: Regular Full-Time
We are currently looking for an Application Systems & Programming Manager in our corporate office in Whippany, NJ to be responsible for overall project coordination, implementation, and ongoing support for Suburban Propane’s Retail information systems.
- Serve as a business manager which involves conducting business systems evaluations, strategic project planning, and implementing business deparment requirements into automated application system solutions
- Plan, assign, and manage the activities of professional and technical resources involved in the analysis, design, development, and systems testing functions required to create new application system solutions, upgrade exisiting applications and/or implement software purchased from outside vendors
- Manage a staff of direct reports which includes coaching, counseling, and assisting with development of individual career development and training plans
- Maintain control of significant applications projects by approving project plans, specifications, test plans, and implementation plans (key milestones) prior to execution
- Manage, monitor, and communicate the status of significant applications projects
- Responsible for managing department budget as well as project specific budgets
- Manage and contract with vendors as necessary which includes vendor selection and vendor relationship management
- Provide direct support and guidance to the end user community
Why Suburban Propane? Suburban Propane takes pride in serving our employees and does so by offering competitive pay with incentive potential and a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, HSA and FSAs, paid vacation, personal and sick pay, tuition assistance, online learning opportunities and training, and a 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Computer Information Systems preferred but not required
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience
- Experience with ADD Energy Technology (ADD Energy E3, Raven, Bing Maps, Route Savy, Smart Connect)
- Experience with MicroSoft Project and/or Planview is a plus
- Advanced technical and business knowledge of software development life cycles, quality assurance, project management, and other related disciplines/processes
- Prior Management experience required
As part of our pre-employment hiring process background checks and drug screens are performed.
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in fuel oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of propane, natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. With over 3,000 employees, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 41 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers.
Suburban Propane is proud to be an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans in accordance with all applicable laws.