Part-time Customer Service Representative II
JOB ID: 2005
JOB CATEGORY: Corporate Opportunities
POSITION TYPE: Regular Part-Time
Our Emergency Call Center located in Syracuse, NY has an opening for a Part-time Customer Service Representative II. Under moderate supervision of a Contact Center Supervisor, this position is accountable for handling inbound customer service calls including delivery and service requests, sales leads, account inquiries, payments and customer complaints. All calls are to be handled in a manner that is consistent with company standards for customer satisfaction, quality, and efficiency.
- Professionally handle incoming calls, assessing the caller’s needs to achieve satisfaction (Payment, Sales Lead, Phone Order, Emergency Delivery/Service, Hazardous, and Customer Service).
- Build trust, credibility and rapport through open and interactive communication.
- Provide accurate and relevant information using reference materials and tools.
- Accesses company databases and job aids to insure accurate call handling.
- Record details of caller contact and actions taken.
- Accurately processes customer payments.
- Resolves issues in a courteous, timely, and efficient manner.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of contact center’s policies and protocols.
- Adheres to standards for call quality to achieve and maintain job certification requirements.
- Adheres to established CSR standards for Quality, Productivity, Attendance and Shared Values.
- Make outbound calls to drivers and/or service technicians regarding emergency situations.
- Handles calls with potentially hazardous situations efficiently and accurately, following company protocols.
- Tactfully presents negative information to callers (i.e., off-routes - no credit issues).
- Why Suburban Propane? Suburban Propane takes pride in serving our part-time employees and does so by offering competitive pay with incentive potential, paid vacation, personal and sick pay, online learning opportunities and training, and a 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting based on eligibility requirements.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One year customer service experience preferred, call center experience a plus
- Satisfactory performance as a CSR I
- Must successfully complete certification requirements
- Project a strong willingness to assist customers
- Ability to multi-task (Talk with caller while navigating computer).
- Resolve issues quickly, accurately, and efficiently
- Ability to navigate between multiple computer
Shift differentials may apply
Ability to work weekends
As part of our pre-employment hiring process background checks and drug screens are performed.
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in fuel oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of propane, natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. With over 3,000 employees, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 41 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers.
Suburban Propane is proud to be an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans in accordance with all applicable laws.