JOB ID: 2029
JOB CATEGORY: Corporate Opportunities
POSITION TYPE: Regular Full-Time
We are currently looking for an Accounting Clerk in our corporate office in Whippany, NJ to perform clerical and accounting related duties to facilitate the Tax Department’s return preparation and audit functions.
- Perform general clerical functions including copying, data entry, typing, filing, etc.
- Modify Excel spreadsheets and maintain databases
- Assist with department projects as needed
- Communicate effectively with field locations, government agencies, and within our corporate office
Why Suburban Propane? Suburban Propane takes pride in serving our employees and does so by offering competitive pay with incentive potential and a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, HSA and FSAs, paid vacation, personal and sick pay, tuition assistance, online learning opportunities and training, and a 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting.
- BS/BA degree; preferably in Business, but is not required
- Some experience in an office environment
- Proficient PC skills including Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and analytical
As part of our pre-employment hiring process background checks and drug screens are performed.
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in fuel oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of propane, natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. With over 3,000 employees, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 41 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers.
Suburban Propane is proud to be an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans in accordance with all applicable laws.