Safety Services Manager
JOB ID: 2033
JOB CATEGORY: Corporate Opportunities
POSITION TYPE: Regular Full-Time
We are currently looking for a Safety Services Manager to provide technical/safety oversight of our operating locations throughout New York to ensure compliance will all applicable regulations and company safety policies and procedures.
- Understand and interpret applicable Department of Transportation (DOT), Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), and National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) regulations within your area of operation
- Review incident/injury/illness reports and recommend corrective action plans
- Ensure that employees receive clear policies and procedures in order to operate within regulatory requirements and as safely as possible
- Assist with incident/accident investigations, provide emergency response guidance, and coordinate contingency plans to limit the effect of incidents on business operations
- Provide safety training and guidance to employees
- Assist with completing Safety and Compliance Reviews of locations, document all findings, and follow-up to ensure that all outstanding issues have been resolved
- Review current facilities’ operating conditions to determine areas of deficiency and recommend/assist in facilitating modifications and upgrades
Why Suburban Propane? Suburban Propane takes pride in serving our employees and does so by offering competitive pay with incentive potential and a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, HSA and FSAs, paid vacation, personal and sick pay, tuition assistance, online learning opportunities and training, and a 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting.
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree in a technical field such as Science or Engineering or equivalent training (trade certification may also be considered)
- Minimum of three years of similar experience in the propane, distillate, or related industry
- Working knowledge of applicable regulations, i.e. OSHA, DOT, EPA, etc.
- Ability to effectively communicate regulatory and company policy information to employees
- Ability to write accurate and concise reports pertaining to accidents and incidents
- Ability to work under pressure and take control during a crisis situation
Up to 90% travel to locations throughout New York is required during the period of April through November
As part of our pre-employment hiring process background checks and drug screens are performed.
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in fuel oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of propane, natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. With over 3,000 employees, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 41 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers.
Suburban Propane is proud to be an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans in accordance with all applicable laws.