JOB ID: 2034
JOB CATEGORY: Technicians
POSITION TYPE: Regular Full-Time
We are currently looking for an Area Technician to be responsible for providing technical services and advice related to vehicle and facility maintenance and repairs to our operating locations throughout New York.
- Complete service requests to repair propane transfer equipment, Emergency Shut-off Valves (ESVs), piping, and other mechanical components
- Maintain delivery vehicles and liquid transfer equipment
- Perform DOT required Annual Cargo Tank (ACT) inspections and Hydrostatic Pressure Tests
- Perform meter repairs and annual calibrations to comply with State Weights and Measures requirements
- Train employees to operate and maintain small pumps, compressors, and dispensing equipment
- Respond to vehicle and plant emergency situations
- Perform special installation projects and facility upgrades as needed
Why Suburban Propane? Suburban Propane takes pride in serving our employees and does so by offering competitive pay with incentive potential and a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, HSA and FSAs, paid vacation, personal and sick pay, tuition assistance, online learning opportunities and training, and a 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting.
- Associates Degree in Mechanical Technology or High School Diploma/GED with 5 years of mechanical experience
- Thorough understanding of propane gas systems on delivery trucks and storage plants (advanced training will be provided)
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to lift 50 to 75 lbs.
This position is based in Minoa, New York and requires 50-75% travel throughout the state.
As part of our pre-employment hiring process background checks and drug screens are performed.
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in fuel oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of propane, natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. With over 3,000 employees, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 41 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers.
Suburban Propane is proud to be an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans in accordance with all applicable laws.