JOB ID: 2082
JOB CATEGORY: Corporate Opportunities
POSITION TYPE: Regular Full-Time
We are currently looking for a Trading Assistant in our corporate office to be responsible for supporting the trading operations in our Product Supply Department. As a Trading Assistant, you will partner with Traders, Buyers, Dispatchers and the Accounting Department to handle the distribution for bulk propane pipelines, storage, and the physical trading of product.
- Assist Buyers and Traders with general and market specific tasks
- Reconcile the broker statements/trading activity daily
- Oversee contract and pricing maintenance for the department
- Investigate and approve invoices with price discrepancies for the Accounts Payable Department
- Provide Auditors with Product Supply related reports, documents, and explanations
- Update the Publication Pricing Base Price Codes daily in SAP
- Prepare/maintain confirmation letters or contracts for trading and fuel purchase and sale contracts
- Perform administrative duties as needed including filing, ordering supplies, and printing and distributing reports
Why Suburban Propane? Suburban Propane takes pride in serving our employees and does so by offering competitive pay with incentive potential and a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, HSA and FSAs, paid vacation, personal and sick pay, tuition assistance, online learning opportunities and training, and a 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting.
- Bachelor’s Degree required (preferably in Business or Accounting)
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in a business or accounting environment
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- SAP experience preferred but not required
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and co-workers in a fast paced and high pressure environment
As part of our pre-employment hiring process background checks and drug screens are performed.
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in fuel oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of propane, natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. With over 3,000 employees, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 41 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers.
Suburban Propane is proud to be an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans in accordance with all applicable laws.