Trading Assistant Trainee
JOB ID: 2083
JOB CATEGORY: Corporate Opportunities
POSITION TYPE: Regular Full-Time
We are currently looking for a Trading Assistant Trainee in our corporate office. As a Trading Assistant Trainee, you will provide administrative support (filing, ordering supplies, and printing and distributing reports) while learning the responsibilities necessary to perform the tasks of a Trading Assistant in our Product Supply Department.
In this position you will learn how to:
- Assist Buyers and Traders with general and market specific tasks
- Reconcile the broker statements/trading activity daily
- Oversee contract and pricing maintenance for the department
- Investigate and approve invoices with price discrepancies for the Accounts Payable Department
- Provide Auditors with Product Supply related reports, documents, and explanations
- Update the Publication Pricing Base Price Codes daily in SAP
- Prepare/maintain confirmation letters or contracts for trading and fuel purchase and sale contracts
Why Suburban Propane? Suburban Propane takes pride in serving our employees and does so by offering competitive pay with incentive potential and a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, HSA and FSAs, paid vacation, personal and sick pay, tuition assistance, online learning opportunities and training, and a 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting.
- Bachelor’s Degree required (preferably in Business or Accounting)
- Experience in a business or accounting environment preferred
- Knowledge of MicroSoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and co-workers in a fast paced and high pressure environment
As part of our pre-employment hiring process background checks and drug screens are performed.
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in fuel oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of propane, natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. With over 3,000 employees, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 41 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers.
Suburban Propane is proud to be an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans in accordance with all applicable laws.