Part-time CDL Driver
JOB ID: 2208
JOB CATEGORY: Drivers
POSITION TYPE: Regular Part-Time
We are currently looking for a Delivery Driver to serve as an integral part of our organization by delivering fuel locally to our customers. As a Delivery Driver, you will have access to a challenging career that gets you behind the wheel of trucks equipped with the latest technology to help ensure that fuel arrives to our customers safely, on-time and with ease.
- Deliver fuel in a safe and efficient manner by following proper loading and unloading procedures
- Maintain the delivery truck which includes reviewing the maintenance record, performing inspections and reporting all vehicle conditions requiring attention for continued safe operation
- Provide superior customer service and strive to achieve zero driver related customer complaints
- Account for funds and inventory which includes operating a handheld terminal, maintaining a trip report and documenting meter and odometer readings and related information
***This is a part-time position offering approximately 29 hours per week.***
Why Suburban Propane? Suburban Propane takes pride in serving our part-time employees and does so by offering competitive pay with incentive potential, paid vacation, personal and sick pay, online learning opportunities and training, and a 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting based on eligibility requirements.
- Clean driving record with a valid Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License with hazmat, tanker, and air brake endorsements as well as a valid Medical Examiner’s Certificate allowing for operation in interstate commerce (or the ability to quickly obtain stated license, certificate and required endorsements)
- Ability to lift and pull equipment that weighs 50 to 75 lbs.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Willingness to work outside in all weather conditions
As part of our pre-employment hiring process background checks and drug screens are performed.
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers. Specializing in propane, heating oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. With over 3,000 employees, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 41 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers through over 600 locations.
Suburban Propane is proud to be an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans in accordance with all applicable laws.