JOB ID: 2222
JOB CATEGORY: Corporate Opportunities
POSITION TYPE: Regular Full-Time
We are looking for a motivated Staff Accountant to join our team in our corporate headquarters. As a Staff Accountant, you will be primarily responsible for performing general accounting duties related to fixed assets, inventory and derivatives.
- Maintain accounting records for commodity derivative activity including the monthly recording of changes in fair value
- Conduct account analyses
- Maintain accurate inventory records relating to the Company’s products
- Prepare invoices and monitor payment status
- Pay storage terminal and pipeline fees
- Prepare/file various federal and state Department of Energy reports relating to commodities
- Prepare various monthly/quarterly management schedules relating to commodity trading activity
- Prepare monthly/quarterly management schedules relating to the Company’s inventory
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure timely and accurate completion of responsibilities
- Assist with ad hoc analyses and process improvement initiatives
Why Suburban Propane? Suburban Propane takes pride in serving our employees and does so by offering competitive pay with incentive potential and a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, paid vacation, sick pay, tuition assistance and 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting based on eligibility requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum of three years of Accounting experience
- Must have knowledge of accounting software, preferably SAP
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Must have the ability to evaluate and understand advanced accounting transactions
- Knowledge of GAAP
As part of our pre-employment hiring process background checks and drug screens are performed.
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in fuel oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of propane, natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. With over 3,000 employees, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 41 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers.
Suburban Propane is proud to be an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans in accordance with all applicable laws.