JOB ID: 2309
JOB CATEGORY: Corporate Opportunities
POSITION TYPE: Regular Full-Time
When you join Suburban Propane, you become a part of a fast-paced and dynamic company that has been serving its employees and customers for 90 years. As an Equipment/Inventory Manager, you will be responsible for providing management oversight to the tank assets function which includes preparing analysis that determine the financial impact of business decisions. If you are a strong problem solver with experience in asset management, then we invite you to apply to join our growing team and be a part of our next 90 years.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the tank asset function which includes handling budgets, workflows and schedules
- Source, analyze, recommend and maintain relationships with vendors and sources
- Oversee DOT compliance including maintaining files for company owned and leased assets
- Maintain the asset database (ADD Energy) used to track location, status and specification of assets
- Coordinate with Tank Refurbishment Centers by providing logistics and operations support
- Create operational and tank asset specific financial and other business related analyses
Why Suburban Propane? Suburban Propane takes pride in serving our employees and does so by offering competitive pay with incentive potential and a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, HSA and FSAs, paid vacation, personal and sick pay, tuition assistance, online learning opportunities and training, and a 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or currently in pursuit of) preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of asset management experience
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Experience with SAP, Remedy and ADD Energy is a plus
As part of our pre-employment hiring process background checks and drug screens are performed.
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in fuel oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of propane, natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. With over 3,000 employees, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 41 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers.
Suburban Propane is proud to be an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans in accordance with all applicable laws.