JOB ID: 2351
JOB CATEGORY: Operations Administrative
POSITION TYPE: Regular Part-Time
We are currently looking for a Dispatcher (Distribution Center) to play a pivotal role in ensuring the efficient delivery of propane to our customers across diverse geographical areas and climates. As a Dispatcher, your primary responsibility will include assigning and scheduling Drivers for both daily and weekly propane deliveries.
- Identify and recommend customer specific routing and demand forecasting changes
- Assist Customer Service Centers (CSCs) with the resolution of delivery inquiries and issues from customers
- Assist with the delivery process by addressing and correcting skipped orders, inaccurate directions, propane tank obstructions, etc.
- Ensure timely, consistent and open lines of communication between the Distribution Center, CSCs, Drivers and customers
- Adapt to rapid and significant changes in workload due to weather, road conditions and other factors influencing the delivery fleet
- Provide general administrative support as required (i.e. drafting internal communications, filing and relaying processes/procedures)
***This is a part-time position offering approximately 29 hours per week.***
Why Suburban Propane? Suburban Propane takes pride in serving our part-time employees and does so by offering competitive pay with incentive potential, paid vacation, personal and sick pay, online learning opportunities and training, and a 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting based on eligibility requirements.
- Minimum of 3 years of dispatching or related experience
- Minimum of a High School diploma or GED preferred
- Knowledge of fuel distribution concepts, practices and procedures including related government regulations
- Solid computer skills including Microsoft Office, data entry and the ability to run and analyze reports
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments in a team environment
As part of our pre-employment hiring process background checks and drug screens are performed.
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers. Specializing in propane, heating oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. With over 3,000 employees, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 41 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers through over 600 locations.
Suburban Propane is proud to be an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans in accordance with all applicable laws.