Payment Processing Representative
JOB ID: 2403
JOB CATEGORY: Operations Administrative
POSITION TYPE: Regular Full-Time
Our Cash Applications Department has a new opportunity for a Payment Processing Representative to be based in our Whippany, NJ location. In this position, the employee will research and deposit customer payments and ensure that all information is accurate and complete.
- Open and sort mail payments by location and by payment batches.
- Research customer payments to ensure they are applied as the customer has requested.
- Apply check payments to open charges on customer accounts using a check scanning system.
- Process credit card payments including posting to accounts and logging activity.
- Handle any duties (balancing & totaling accounts at the end of the day) associated with the processing of customer payments.
- Provide a high level of customer account management by properly maintaining account information and data.
- Assist with research with more complex requests from the field.
- Complete Adjustment Request Form for Accounts Receivables.
- Assist Cash Application Administrator with their daily responsibilities when needed.
- Why Suburban Propane? Suburban Propane takes pride in serving our employees and does so by offering competitive pay with incentive potential and a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, paid vacation, sick pay, tuition assistance and 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting based on eligibility requirements.
- Minimum of High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Understanding of basic computer applications including MS Office
- Ability to learn and apply multiple business software applications
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to operate a 10-key machine by touchHeadquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in fuel oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of propane, natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. With over 3,000 employees, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 41 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers. Suburban Propane is proud to be an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans in accordance with all applicable laws.
As part of our pre-employment hiring process background checks and drug screens are performed.