Seasonal Customer Service Representative
JOB ID: 2524
JOB CATEGORY: Seasonal Employment
POSITION TYPE: Temporary Full-Time
The Suburban Contact Center located in Syracuse, NY has several openings for Seasonal Customer Service Representatives.
- Do you enjoy working for a company that acts with COMMITMENT and Accountability? We have genuine intentions to satisfy internal and external customer needs in an accurate and efficient manner, and strive to be the best we can be by taking individual responsibility for our actions and performance.
- Do you appreciate an environment of open COMMUNICATION? We gain the trust and confidence of others by interacting openly, respectfully, and honestly with customers and each other.
- Do you enjoy showing & feeling gratitude and appreciation for your hard work and interactions? We CELEBRATE and recognize achievements, providing room for growth and promotional opportunities in your very first year for those who excel. We encourage and engage each other positively, pleasantly and professionally.
- Do you think outside the box? We embrace INNOVATION through continuous learning and support for change. We look for opportunities to do things better; Smarter, not harder. We encourage the generation of fresh ideas and different perspectives. We foster a culture that encourages appropriate, calculated risk taking.
- Do you appreciate the strength of TEAMWORK? We involve all our staff in problem solving and decision-making. We provide a work environment that’s flexible, supportive, encouraging and fun! Our Shared Values ensure that Suburban is a comfortable and enjoyable place to be.
Suburban takes pride in serving our seasonal employees and does so by offering competitive pay, sick pay and 401k with immediate vesting based on eligibility requirements.
- Under moderate supervision of a Contact Center Supervisor, this position is accountable for handling inbound customer service calls including service/delivery requests, sales leads, account inquiries, payments and customer complaints.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One year customer service experience preferred, call center experience a plus
- Must successfully complete and maintain Suburban’s certification requirements
- Ability to multi-task (Talk with caller while navigating multiple computer systems)
- Maintain consistent attendance habits
- Comfortable being provided ongoing positive and constructive feedback, striving for continuous improvement
Shift differentials may apply
Must be able to work weekends
As part of our pre-employment hiring process background checks and drug screens are performed.
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in fuel oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of propane, natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. With over 3,000 employees, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 41 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers.
Suburban Propane is proud to be an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans in accordance with all applicable laws.