Our Contact Center located in Syracuse, NY has several openings for Customer Service Representatives. Under moderate supervision of a Contact Center Supervisor, this position is accountable for handling inbound customer service calls including delivery and service requests, sales leads, account inquiries, payments and customer complaints. All calls are to be handled in a manner that is consistent with company standards for customer satisfaction, quality, and efficiency.
Professionally handle incoming calls, assessing the caller’s needs to achieve satisfaction (Payment, Sales Lead, Phone Order, Emergency Delivery/Service, Hazardous, Customer Service).
- Provide accurate and relevant information using reference materials and tools.
Accesses company databases and job aids to insure accurate call handling.
Record details of caller contact and actions taken.
- Accurately processes customer payments.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of contact center’s policies and protocols.
- Adheres to standards for call quality to achieve and maintain job certification requirements.
- Adheres to established CSR standards for Quality, Productivity, Attendance and Shared Values.
Shift differentials may apply
Ability to work weekends
Why Suburban Propane? Suburban Propane takes pride in serving our employees and does so by offering competitive pay with incentive potential and a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, HSA and FSAs, paid vacation, personal and sick pay, tuition assistance, online learning opportunities and training, and a 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One year customer service experience preferred, call center experience a plus
- Must successfully complete certification requirements
- Project a strong willingness to assist customers
- Ability to multi-task (Talk with caller while navigating computer).
As part of our pre-employment hiring process background checks and drug screens are performed.
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in heating oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of propane, natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. With over 3,000 employees, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 41 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers.
All applicants for employment shall be considered without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.