When you join Suburban Propane, you become a part of a fast-paced and dynamic company that has been serving its employees and customers for over 90 years. It’s an amazing time to become a part of our team as we expand our national footprint and make strides toward a sustainable, clean energy future!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Safety Training Supervisor who, alongside a regional counterpart, will hold responsibility for improving the safety and efficiency of our field employees through a company-wide training program. As the Safety Training Supervisor, you will direct the development, coordination, and presentation of technical, procedural, and compliance-related safety training programs within your operational area.
This is an integral position within the Safety Department responsible for leading the development of company safety policies, procedures and employee safety training in conjunction with other internal departments to maintain a positive safety culture which is incorporated into all aspects of the business.
If you are passionate about technical training and driving continuous improvement, then we invite you to apply to join our growing team and be a part of our next 90 years.
This position can report out of our Statesville, NC or Fresno, CA office.
- Directs the development, coordination, and presentation of technical, procedural, and compliance-related safety training programs for Area Field employees
- Cooperatively manages the Safety Training component of the Company’s Learning Management System (SABA) for new employee orientation, recurring/refresher training and new safety programs. Proficiency in learning management software is essential.
- Procures and creates effective methods to educate and enhance employees’ performance through a variety of training venues. Excellent presentation and communication skills necessary in classroom and virtual training environments.
- Strives to ensure a safe work environment and regulatory compliance with Federal and State agencies (i.e. EPA, OSHA, FMCSA, DHS, NFPA)
- Significant fiscal responsibility in managing the safety training activities within the established annual budget, requiring expense control at multiple levels
- Works collaboratively with Area Safety Managers to produce a detailed annual schedule for safety training initiatives in respective operational areas which includes design and development of industry and company specific materials. Communicates safety training initiatives throughout the Company
- Produces content of monthly Safety Meetings and Facility Management documents, assessing the results and impact of delivered training and making modifications to programs and delivery methods as needed
- Assigns training and assesses trainee performance and educational needs for practical application of safety metrics to drive continuous improvement
- Manages the Regional Driver Trainer and Regional Technical Trainer Programs
This position requires non-standard work schedules and extended hours to support business requirements. Up to 50% travel is required.
Why join the Suburban Propane team? Because we care about the physical, mental, and financial wellbeing of our employees and provide them with competitive pay plus incentive potential and an outstanding benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, and vision (eligibility after just 30 days of employment)
- Paid time off that increases with tenure
- A 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting
- A new employee training program and many opportunities for continued learning and career development
- Disability and life insurance
- Employee recognition program
- Generous tuition assistance program
- Propane discounts, and more!
For eligibility and a full list of our benefit offerings please visit: https://jobs.suburbanpropane.com/benefits/ .
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Engineering, Science, Math, or Communications; or AAS Degree and 5 years relevant experience
- 5 years’ experience preparing and presenting training of a technical nature
- PERC’s Certified Employee Training Program (CETP) Certifications; and/or North America Oil Research Alliance (NORA) Bronze, Silver, or Gold Certifications highly preferred
As part of our pre-employment hiring process, background checks and drug screens are performed.
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in heating oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of propane, natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. With over 3,000 employees and as the 3rd largest propane retailer in the country, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 42 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers. We are committed to supporting the growth and innovation of propane as a sustainable energy source and investing in the next generation of even cleaner and lower carbon renewable energy sources.
At Suburban Propane, we know that our strength comes from our diverse and inclusive team of employees who make a difference in the communities we serve across the country every day. All applicants for employment shall be considered without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.