JOB ID: 1895
JOB CATEGORY: Technicians
POSITION TYPE: Regular Full-Time
We are currently looking for a Cylinder Technician in our Cortland, NY location. As a Cylinder Technician, you will be responsible for material handling, inspection of propane tanks, and the general maintenance of plant equipment which includes air compressors, propane compressors, and tank moving equipment.
- Perform a specialized job function such as painting or testing propane cylinders
- Complete the installing of valves and de-valving of propane tanks
- Perform maintenance and repair on shop equipment
- Load propane tanks on and off trailers
- Use gas cutting equipment to remove foot rings and scrap cylinders
- Operate tank inverters for propane evacuation
Why Suburban Propane? Suburban Propane takes pride in serving our employees and does so by offering competitive pay with incentive potential and a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, HSA and FSAs, paid vacation, personal and sick pay, tuition assistance, online learning opportunities and training, and a 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting.
- Minimum of a High School diploma or GED preferred
- Ability to lift and carry equipment that weighs 75 to 100 lbs.
- Prior propane experience is not required
As part of our pre-employment hiring process background checks and drug screens are performed.
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in fuel oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of propane, natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. With over 3,000 employees, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 41 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers.
Suburban Propane is proud to be an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans in accordance with all applicable laws.