JOB ID: 1898
JOB CATEGORY: Corporate Opportunities
POSITION TYPE: Regular Full-Time
We are currently looking for a Purchasing/Buyer in our corporate office in Whippany, NJ to manage a supply chain to support the company’s non-fuel purchasing programs. As a Buyer, you will be responsible for recommending vendors and the contract negotiation of products directly associated with the company’s needs. This position is further responsible for abiding by the company’s procurement policies and performance standards.
- Recommends suppliers and analyzes and negotiates price contracts and terms for assigned locations
- Organizes and leads annual meetings with suppliers & manufacturers
- Serves as liaison and assists field operations with day-to-day support
- Attends supplier open houses and industry trade shows to keep current on latest products and industry developments
Why Suburban Propane? Suburban Propane takes pride in serving our employees and does so by offering competitive pay with incentive potential and a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, HSA and FSAs, paid vacation, personal and sick pay, tuition assistance, online learning opportunities and training, and a 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration preferred with emphasis in business law and/or supply chain management
- Must possess a solid foundation in supply chain management, including proven negotiation skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; ability to focus on details
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and set priorities in a fast paced environment; highly organized
- Ability to work independently and collaborate on a Team
As part of our pre-employment hiring process background checks and drug screens are performed.
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in fuel oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of propane, natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. With over 3,000 employees, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 41 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers.
Suburban Propane is proud to be an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans in accordance with all applicable laws.