Distribution Center Manager
JOB ID: 2211
JOB CATEGORY: Operations Management
POSITION TYPE: Regular Full-Time
We are currently looking for a Distribution Center (DC) Manager who is responsible for the daily management of multiple locations’ liquid product distribution, equipment service, and asset management. These results are accomplished by developing, managing, and leading a high performance results driven team. This position is held directly accountable for annually achieving or exceeding distribution standards, goals, and objectives set by the Region for specific locations.
- Responsible for overseeing the quality execution of all distribution processes and procedures such as routing and forecasting, daily dispatch and scheduling for multiple Customer Service Centers
Responsible for projecting workforce and vehicle needs in Customer Service Centers to ensure proper coverage, ensuring effective coordination between locations
- Recruit and retain employees who possess knowledge, experience and behavioral skills that will help the business reach its goals
- Monitor and assure compliance in areas including safety, health/environmental, human resources and financial/ ethical considerations
- Responsible for managing the proper workforce and workforce hours to operate the Distribution Center in the most efficient manner possible, while maintaining the highest level of customer satisfaction.
Why Suburban Propane? Suburban Propane takes pride in serving our employees and does so by offering competitive pay with incentive potential and a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, HSA and FSAs, paid vacation, personal and sick pay, tuition assistance, online learning opportunities and training, and a 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting.
- Familiar with fuel distribution concepts, practices and procedures including related government regulations, attained through a minimum of 3-5 years of dispatching or related management experience
- Associates Degree in Business or equivalent training preferred
- Basic understanding of computer concepts and usage, including MS Office.
- Ability to provide strong leadership through coaching and mentoring with a focus on customer service
As part of our pre-employment hiring process background checks and drug screens are performed.
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in heating oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of propane, natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. With over 3,000 employees, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 41 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers.
Suburban Propane is proud to be an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans in accordance with all applicable laws.