JOB ID: 2308
JOB CATEGORY: Corporate Opportunities
POSITION TYPE: Regular Full-Time
When you join Suburban Propane, you become a part of a fast-paced and dynamic company that has been serving its employees and customers for 90 years. As a Fleet Manager, you will be responsible for providing management oversight of the Fleet Department which includes preparing analyses that determine the financial impact of business decisions. If you are a strong problem solver with experience in fleet operations, then we invite you to apply to join our growing team and be a part of our next 90 years.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Fleet Department which includes managing a team of Fleet Supervisors and handling budgets, workflows and schedules
- Finance, procure, fabricate and deliver approximately 225 vehicles annually
- Maintain a fleet database of approximately 3,500 vehicles used to track location, status and specification of vehicles throughout the country
- Prepare and maintain fleet lease schedules
- Oversee DOT compliance including maintaining files for company owned and leased vehicles
- Create operational and fleet specific financial and other business related analyses
Why Suburban Propane? Suburban Propane takes pride in serving our employees and does so by offering competitive pay with incentive potential and a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, HSA and FSAs, paid vacation, personal and sick pay, tuition assistance, online learning opportunities and training, and a 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance and/or CPIM certification
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in fleet operations
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Experience with SAP, Remedy and ADD Energy is a plus
As part of our pre-employment hiring process background checks and drug screens are performed.
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in fuel oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of propane, natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. With over 3,000 employees, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 41 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers.
Suburban Propane is proud to be an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans in accordance with all applicable laws.