Risk Management/Claims Analyst
JOB ID: 2328
JOB CATEGORY: Corporate Opportunities
POSITION TYPE: Regular Full-Time
When you join Suburban Propane, you become a part of a fast-paced and dynamic company that has been serving its employees and customers for 90 years. As a Risk Management/Claims Analyst, you will be responsible for the oversight and administration of a cost effective claims management program for auto, general and environmental liability claims that are handled by Suburban Propane’s Third Party Administrator (TPA). If you are a driven professional with experience in the liability claims field, then we invite you to apply to join our growing team and be a part of our next 90 years.
- Track claims, monitor reserves and maintain databases
- Develop metrics for claims by type, cause, frequency and severity in order to identify trends and communicate them to management
- Benchmark TPA adjuster performance
- Build and maintain strong relationships with TPA claim’s adjusters, outside legal counsel and internal business units
Why Suburban Propane? Suburban Propane takes pride in serving our employees and does so by offering competitive pay with incentive potential and a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, HSA and FSAs, paid vacation, personal and sick pay, tuition assistance, online learning opportunities and training, and a 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting.
- Bachelor’s Degree or an Associate’s Degree with an Associate in Claims (AIC) and/or an Associate in Risk Management (ARM)
- Minimum of 1 year of experience handling auto, general and environmental liability claims
- Working knowledge of Risk Management Information Systems (RMIS)
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
As part of our pre-employment hiring process background checks and drug screens are performed.
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in fuel oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of propane, natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. With over 3,000 employees, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 41 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers.
Suburban Propane is proud to be an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans in accordance with all applicable laws.