Customer Journey Mapping Manager
JOB ID: 2496
JOB CATEGORY: Corporate Opportunities
POSITION TYPE: Regular Full-Time
When you join Suburban Propane, you become a part of a fast-paced and dynamic company that has been serving its employees and customers for 90 years. As a Customer Journey Mapping Manager, you will be responsible for leading the development and management of customer engagement (journey maps) in order to identify the best possible customer experience while working with stakeholders to develop and implement plans across the organization. If you are a problem solver who enjoys making a connection between the customer experience and company success, then we invite you to apply to join our growing team and be a part of our next 90 years.
- Manage the overarching Customer Engagement Map that depicts the ideal end-to-end customer experience across multiple touchpoints and take into consideration insights from Design Sessions, customer research, business processes and changes to business models.
- Build and administer a governance process for the Engagement Map that provides for ongoing submission of possible changes and proper approvals.
- Prioritize the most critical gaps in providing an enjoyable customer experience; lead the development of a roadmap to address root-causes and redesign journeys. Provide recommendations, present, and influence relevant stakeholders to address gaps in the customer experience, impacting an operation or departments.
- Build and manage a “data-base” of all current and potential future capabilities (technology and non-technology oriented future customer engagement capabilities) as identified through the Engagement Map and help guide/influence prioritization of needed capabilities.
- Leverage a strong understanding of consumer trends, technology trends, competitive experiences and best-in-class experiences to help shape the outcomes of the Design Sessions and future iterations of the Engagement Map.
- Partner to identify opportunities to repair, enhance, and innovate customer experiences.
- Link the Engagement Map work back to the in-house Customer Experience Dashboard to ensure we are measuring and monitoring performance against critical customer moments and partner to monitor established KPIs.
- Leverage voice of the customer insights on all aspects of customer interactions to identify customer pain-points, challenges, and hurdles; advise on approaches to eliminate and positively enhance customer interactions.
- Facilitate transition away from numerous individual interaction touchpoints that focus on only part of the customer needs towards a complete, end-to-end experience that will enhance customer relationships.
- Create and utilize customer-centric tools such as journey maps and personas to inform decision-making.
- Maintain a library of CX journeys and outcomes + Map end-to-end customer experience touch-points + Update and validate key customer personas + Incorporate segmentation of customer base and varying strategies and analyses within key customer and prospect journeys + Identify opportunities for continuous improvement
The position requires approximately 10-15% travel to locations across the U.S.
Why Suburban Propane? Suburban Propane takes pride in serving our employees and does so by offering competitive pay with incentive potential and a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, HSA and FSAs, paid vacation, personal and sick pay, tuition assistance, online learning opportunities and training, and a 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or Market Research required
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with Customer Journey Mapping, and/or managing a customer experience program or customer engagement process
- Minimum of 4 years of experience building benefit/cost models
As part of our pre-employment hiring process background checks and drug screens are performed.
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in fuel oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of propane, natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. With over 3,000 employees, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 41 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers.
Suburban Propane is proud to be an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans in accordance with all applicable laws.