Elk Grove, CA
JOB ID: 2575
JOB CATEGORY: Corporate Opportunities
POSITION TYPE: Regular Full-Time
When you join Suburban Propane, you become a part of a fast-paced and dynamic company that has been serving its employees and customers for 90 years. As a Plant/Terminal Manager, you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of a refrigerated propane storage terminal. If you have management experience in the propane (or a related) industry and a focus on safety, then we invite you to apply to join our growing team and be a part of our next 90 years.
- Manage the operations of the plant which includes ensuring that activities are performed according to company policies and procedures
- Manage a staff which includes making sure that they receive required training
- Ensure operational compliance with Federal, State and Local laws
- Partner with and act as a liaison between Federal, County and City emergency responder departments
- Resolve equipment breakdowns, malfunctions and repairs
- Manage a budget which includes controlling costs and following spending protocols
Why Suburban Propane? Suburban Propane takes pride in serving our employees and does so by offering competitive pay with incentive potential and a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, HSA and FSAs, paid vacation, personal and sick pay, tuition assistance, online learning opportunities and training, and a 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting.
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in a management capacity in the propane industry or a related industry
- Experience using Microsoft office suite
As part of our pre-employment hiring process, background checks and drug screens are performed.
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in fuel oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of propane, natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. With over 3,000 employees, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 41 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers.
Suburban Propane is proud to be an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans in accordance with all applicable laws.