HR Business Partner
JOB ID: 2659
JOB CATEGORY: Corporate Opportunities
POSITION TYPE: Regular Full-Time
When you join Suburban Propane, you become a part of a fast-paced and dynamic company that has been serving its employees and customers for 90 years. As an HR Operations Manager, you will be responsible for providing HR leadership and support for our field locations in NJ, PA, MD, DE, OH, IN, MI and IL. A key component of this role is overseeing the implementation of HR policies, programs and services, including, but not limited to, recruitment, selection, employee relations, legal compliance and employee benefits. The position is based in our corporate office in Whippany, NJ. If you love working with people and making a connection between great talent and company success, then we invite you to apply to join our growing team and be a part of our next 90 years.
- Serve as an expert consultant to all levels of management and employees on work-related issues, employment related law and policy interpretation.
- Provide advice and guidance to line management on employment related issues (e.g. coaching, counseling, and disciplinary actions), effectively influencing to ensure the minimization/mitigation of risk to the company.
- Provide guidance and counsel during the entire hiring process for field management employees ensuring that new hires meet the requirements of the roles and are aligned with Suburban Propane’s vision and values.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Provide consultative services to employees regarding employment policies and procedures.
- Partner with HR Management to help drive business change initiatives and support business programs and policies.
- Conduct and/or facilitate educational training focusing on staffing, retention, government compliance and company policies or procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or equivalent experience required
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant, progressive HR experience
- Ability to travel at least 60-70% of the time with little or no advanced notice
- Thorough knowledge of related state and federal regulations and employment related laws including EEO, FMLA, ADA, AAP, FLSA and other employment legal practices/policies.
- Ability to work independently and manage competing high-priority demands, prioritize workloads, and manage projects and multiple responsibilities against strict deadlines.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor under pressure and effectively work with employees at all levels while maintaining a keen sense of urgency and commitment to providing exceptional service to employees.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills. Ability to establish credibility and rapport with colleagues at all levels.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong computer skills, especially proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Why Suburban Propane? Suburban Propane takes pride in serving our employees and does so by offering competitive pay with incentive potential and a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, HSA and FSAs, paid vacation, personal and sick pay, tuition assistance, online learning opportunities and training, and a 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting.
As part of our pre-employment hiring process background checks and drug screens are performed.
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in fuel oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of propane, natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. With over 3,000 employees, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 41 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers.
Suburban Propane is proud to be an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans in accordance with all applicable laws.