When you join Suburban Propane, you become a part of a fast-paced and dynamic company that has been serving its employees and customers for over 90 years. You join an organization with a strong sense of community that values safety, customer satisfaction, training and development, and teamwork.
We are currently looking for a Region Operations Manager to be responsible for leading and executing daily operational activities within the Region which encompasses all of our markets in New York. In this position, you will support the Area Vice President, General Manager, and Customer Service Center (CSC) Management in achieving each Region’s financial, customer base, and customer satisfaction goals.
- Assist with the analysis of strategic financial measures that affect controllable profit including pricing, vehicle utilization, headcount, and controllable expenses
- Assist with the development of the annual budget for the Region
- Provide guidance, support, and mentoring to CSC Managers for the development of all outside employees
- Ensure effective utilization of vehicles, tanks, buildings, outside employees, and inventory
- Support customer service initiatives and ensure that customer service is performed in a manner that exceeds Company defined expectations
- Oversee the operations of the Distribution Center to ensure proper forecasting and routing, dispatching, headcount, and expense management
- Partner with the Human Recourses and Safety Departments to effectively manage regulatory compliance in all aspects of environmental, health, human resources, and safety practices
Why join the Suburban Propane team? Because we care about the physical, mental, and financial wellbeing of our employees and provide them with competitive pay plus incentive potential and an outstanding benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, and vision (eligibility after just 30 days of employment)
- Paid time off that increases with tenure
- A 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting
- A new employee training program and many opportunities for continued learning and career development
- Disability and life insurance
- Employee recognition program
- Generous tuition assistance program
- Propane discounts, and more!
For eligibility and a full list of our benefit offerings please visit: https://jobs.suburbanpropane.com/benefits/ .
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or a related field preferred
- 4+ years of related management and leadership experience
- Prior experience in the propane industry is preferred
As part of our pre-employment hiring process background checks and drug screens are performed.
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in heating oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of propane, natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. As a national propane industry leader with over 3,000 employees, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 42 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers. We are committed to supporting the growth and innovation of propane as a sustainable energy source and investing in the next generation of even cleaner and lower carbon renewable energy sources.
It’s an amazing time to become a part of our team as we expand our national footprint and
make strides toward a sustainable, clean energy future!
At Suburban Propane, we know that our strength comes from our diverse and inclusive team of employees who make a difference in the communities we serve across the country every day. All applicants for employment shall be considered without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.