JOB ID: 10342
JOB CATEGORY: Drivers
POSITION TYPE: Regular Full-Time
When you join Suburban Propane, you become a part of a fast-paced and dynamic company that has been serving its employees and customers for over 90 years. You join an organization with a strong sense of community that values safety, customer satisfaction, training and development, and teamwork.
As a local Delivery Driver, you will be part of a team of passionate and professional individuals committed to customer service. We will help you jumpstart a rewarding career by providing you with the tools and training necessary to deliver fuel in a safe and efficient manner to our customers’ homes and businesses.
- Deliver fuel locally (home every night) in a safe and efficient manner
- Maintain the delivery truck which includes reviewing the maintenance record, performing inspections and reporting all vehicle conditions requiring attention for continued safe operation
- Provide superior customer service
- Account for funds and inventory with a user-friendly handheld terminal
Why join the Suburban Propane team? Because we care about the physical, mental, and financial wellbeing of our employees and provide them with competitive pay plus incentive potential and an outstanding benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, and vision (eligibility after just 30 days of employment)
- Paid time off that increases with tenure
- A 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting
- A new employee training program and many opportunities for continued learning and career development
- Disability and life insurance
- Employee recognition program
- Generous tuition assistance program
- Propane discounts, and more!
For eligibility and a full list of our benefit offerings please visit: https://jobs.suburbanpropane.com/benefits/ .
To operate our company vehicles, you must have a minimum of a Class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with HAZMAT, tanker, and air brake endorsements as well as a valid Medical Examiner’s Certificate allowing for operation in interstate commerce. Don’t have the required endorsements yet? No problem, we will give you time and training to help you get them.
- Ability to lift and pull equipment that weighs 50 to 75
- Exceptional customer service skills
As part of our pre-employment hiring process, background checks and drug screens are performed.
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in heating oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of propane, natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. As a national propane industry leader with over 3,000 employees, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 42 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers. We are committed to supporting the growth and innovation of propane as a sustainable energy source and investing in the next generation of even cleaner and lower carbon renewable energy sources.
It’s an amazing time to become a part of our team as we expand our national footprint and
make strides toward a sustainable, clean energy future!
At Suburban Propane, we know that our strength comes from our diverse and inclusive team of employees who make a difference in the communities we serve across the country every day. All applicants for employment shall be considered without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.