Service Technician Apprentice
JOB ID: 10437
JOB CATEGORY: Apprentice Program
POSITION TYPE: Regular Full-Time
Looking for a career with purpose? One that grows your skills and contributes to a highly successful team?
If you answered yes to these questions, then we would like you to join our industry-leading
Service Technician Apprentice Program.
Our full-time company-paid training program includes a detailed curriculum and unparalleled on-the-job training that provides apprentices with the necessary tools to jumpstart a rewarding career. At the conclusion of the program, you will have a Commercial Driver’s License with hazmat, tanker, and air brake endorsements and will be prepared to take the next step to become one of our Service Technicians.
- Learn the basics of how to install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair propane and/or heating oil systems and appliances through structured on-the-job and instructor led training
- Complete online training modules in areas such as safety, security, and hazmat
- Obtain a Commercial Driver’s License with hazmat, tanker, and air brake endorsements as well as a valid Medical Examiner’s Certificate allowing for operation in interstate commerce
- Assist with the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of propane and/or heating oil systems and appliances
- May assist with the delivery of propane and/or heating oil on an as needed basis
Why Suburban Propane? Suburban Propane takes pride in serving our employees and does so by offering competitive pay with incentive potential and a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, HSA and FSAs, paid vacation, personal and sick pay, tuition assistance, online learning opportunities and training, and a 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting.
For a full list of our benefit offerings please visit https://jobs.suburbanpropane.com/benefits/
- Ability to lift and pull equipment that weighs 50 to 75 lbs.
- Possess exceptional customer service skills
- Willingness to work outside in all weather conditions
As part of our pre-employment hiring process background checks and drug screens are performed.
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in heating oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of propane, natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. With over 3,000 employees, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 41 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers.
All applicants for employment shall be considered without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.