JOB ID: 10497
JOB CATEGORY: Corporate Opportunities
POSITION TYPE: Regular Full-Time
When you join Suburban Propane, you become a part of a fast-paced and dynamic company that has been serving its employees and customers for 90 years. As a Payroll Associate, you will be responsible for administrating the full lifecycle of payroll from onboarding – processing- auditing. Covering biweekly and weekly payrolls for over 40 states.
If you are a driven professional with payroll experience and pride yourself on your organization and attention to detail, then we invite you to apply to join our growing team and be a part of our next 90 years.
- Validating data between HR and Payroll systems, updating as needed
- Creating pay batches or adjusting existing batches for payments, taxes or deductions, including batch balancing
- Processing historical time adjustments, running reports to validate time entry, signing off on time for payment
- Payroll validation and balancing, per and post payroll completion
- Maintaining payroll records, taxes, deduction, workers comp and short-term disability payments, direct deposits
- Answering the Payroll toll free number and respond to inquiries in the Payroll general mailbox, plus individual phone and email
- Completion of verifications for workers comp and unemployment claims
- Processing of manual checks
- Assisting with annual processes and balancing, not limited to W2s, and quarterly tax returns
- Completion of tasks assigned by Payroll Manager
Why Suburban Propane? Suburban Propane takes pride in serving our employees and does so by offering competitive pay with incentive potential and a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, HSA and FSAs, paid vacation, personal and sick pay, tuition assistance, online learning opportunities and training, and a 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting.
For a full list of our benefit offerings please visit https://jobs.suburbanpropane.com/benefits/
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Basic Payroll knowledge
- Strong computer aptitude and expertise with Microsoft Office Products, specifically Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
As part of our pre-employment hiring process, background checks and drug screens are performed.
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in heating oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of propane, natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. With over 3,000 employees and as the 3rd largest propane retailer in the country, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 42 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers. We are committed to supporting the growth and innovation of propane as a sustainable energy source and investing in the next generation of even cleaner and lower carbon renewable energy sources.
At Suburban Propane, we know that our strength comes from our diverse and inclusive team of employees who make a difference in the communities we serve across the country every day. All applicants for employment shall be considered without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.