Payment Processing Representative
JOB ID: 10529
JOB CATEGORY: Corporate Opportunities
POSITION TYPE: Regular Full-Time
Our Cash Applications Department has a new opportunity for a Payment Processing Representative to be based in our Fresno, CA location. In this position, the employee will research and deposit customer payments and ensure that all information is accurate and complete.
$16.00 - $18.50 an hour (dependent on experience)
Monday - Friday 6:00am - 2:30pm
- Open and sort mail payments by location and by payment batches.
- Research customer payments to ensure they are applied as the customer has requested.
- Apply check payments to open charges on customer accounts using a check scanning system.
- Process credit card payments including posting to accounts and logging activity.
- Handle any duties (balancing & totaling accounts at the end of the day) associated with the processing of customer payments.
- Provide a high level of customer account management by properly maintaining account information and data.
- Assist with research with more complex requests from the field.
- Complete Adjustment Request Form for Accounts Receivables.
- Assist Cash Application Administrator with their daily responsibilities when needed.
Why Suburban Propane? Suburban Propane takes pride in serving our employees and does so by offering competitive pay with incentive potential and a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, HSA and FSAs, paid vacation, personal and sick pay, tuition assistance, online learning opportunities and training, and a 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting.
For a full list of our benefit offerings please visit https://jobs.suburbanpropane.com/benefits/
- Minimum of High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Understanding of basic computer applications including MS Office
- Ability to learn and apply multiple business software applications
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to operate a 10-key machine by touch
As part of our pre-employment hiring process, background checks and drug screens are performed.
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in heating oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of propane, natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. As a national propane industry leader with over 3,000 employees, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 42 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers. We are committed to supporting the growth and innovation of propane as a sustainable energy source and investing in the next generation of even cleaner and lower carbon renewable energy sources.
It’s an amazing time to become a part of our team as we expand our national footprint and
make strides toward a sustainable, clean energy future!
At Suburban Propane, we know that our strength comes from our diverse and inclusive team of employees who make a difference in the communities we serve across the country every day. All applicants for employment shall be considered without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.