Senior Accountant - Financial Reporting
JOB ID: 10532
JOB CATEGORY: Corporate Opportunities
POSITION TYPE: Regular Full-Time
When you join Suburban Propane, you become a part of a fast-paced and dynamic company that has been serving its employees and customers for 90 years. We have a challenging career opportunity for a Senior Accountant - Financial Reporting to join the team at our Whippany, NJ headquarters.
As a Senior Accountant, you will champion various internal and external financial reporting requirements, including responsibilities related to fiscal month-end financial book close, facilitation with external audits of financial statements and related 10-Q/10-K filings, various SOX 404 process compliance efforts, quarterly XBRL reporting, and support with regard to adoption of new accounting pronouncements and involvement in special projects.
If you are well-versed in current GAAP and SEC reporting regulations, then we invite you to apply to join our growing team and be a part of our next 90 years.
- Assist with the monthly, quarterly and annual financial book close, such as financial statement preparation, analysis and variance reporting;
- Assist in the preparation of periodic reports to the SEC (8-K, 10-Q, 10-K);
- Understand, maintain and update our XBRL reporting framework for SEC compliance;
- General Ledger account reconciliations – reconcile and analyze various asset and liability accounts;
- Assist in enterprise-wide ongoing compliance of Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act;
- Assist in business acquisitions and integrations;
- Evaluate new accounting pronouncements and ensure compliance; and,
- Participate in special projects as they arise.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- CPA (or serious CPA candidate) preferred but not required
- 2-3 years of experience in Big 4 public accounting or a combination of public/private experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- SAP experience a plus
- XBRL experience a plus
Why join the Suburban Propane team? Because we care about the physical, mental, and financial wellbeing of our employees and provide them with competitive pay plus incentive potential and an outstanding benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, and vision (eligibility after just 30 days of employment)
- Paid time off that increases with tenure
- A 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting
- A new employee training program and many opportunities for continued learning and career development
- Disability and life insurance
- Employee recognition program
- Generous tuition assistance program
- Propane discounts, and more!
For eligibility and a full list of our benefit offerings please visit: https://jobs.suburbanpropane.com/benefits/ .
As part of our pre-employment hiring process background checks and drug screens are performed.
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in heating oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of propane, natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. As a national propane industry leader with over 3,000 employees, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 42 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers. We are committed to supporting the growth and innovation of propane as a sustainable energy source and investing in the next generation of even cleaner and lower carbon renewable energy sources.
It’s an amazing time to become a part of our team as we expand our national footprint
and make strides toward a sustainable, clean energy future!
At Suburban Propane, we know that our strength comes from our diverse and inclusive team of employees who make a difference in the communities we serve across the country every day. All applicants for employment shall be considered without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.