Renewable Natural Gas Project Manager
JOB ID: 10827
JOB CATEGORY: Corporate Opportunities
POSITION TYPE: Regular Full-Time
When you join Suburban Propane, you become a part of a fast-paced and dynamic company that has been serving its employees and customers for 95 years. It’s an amazing time to become a part of our team as we expand our national footprint and make strides toward a sustainable, clean energy future through our subsidiary, Suburban Renewables!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Renewable Natural Gas (RNG) Project Manager to support our growing RNG platform. As the RNG Project Manager, you will manage multiple projects simultaneously and ensure that safety, financials, quality, and scheduling goals for each project are met or exceeded and deadlines are achieved. This position will be the project lead and will manage all internal and external resources to project completion.
If you are a skilled Project Manager who is passionate about renewable energy, then we invite you to apply to join our growing team and be a part of our next 95 years.
- Manage and coordinate multiple projects to ensure they are completed on time and on budget
- Develop and manage project plans and review third-party contractors tasks and schedules to ensure alignment with project goals
- Communicate project status to stakeholders and key project participants
- Facilitate cross-departmental communication to ensure the appropriate people are informed of necessary tasks
- Build strong relationships with project partners to ensure the long-term success of the portfolio’s facilities
- Work closely with the Safety Department to ensure that proper protocols are established on-site
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation including detailed records of work activities and materials
- Liaise with third-party engineering firms, internal engineers, and Suburban Propane Operations team
- Optimize project deliverables, schedule, and budgeting
- Establish and maintain relationships with third-party vendors
- Develop scope documents across various functions of the project for bidding purposes
- Solicit and review third-party bids and communicate to project stakeholders
- Review and manage third-party deliverables including but not limited to schedules, budgets, pay applications, submittals, and change orders
- Manage all contracts across various functions for the project including but not limited to consultants, engineers, contractors, and vendors
- Expedite material procurement, approval, and delivery
- Constructability reviews and input
- Ensure the minimum quality (QC) requirements of the project are met
This position requires a minimum of 25% travel.
Additional travel may be required to support business needs.
Why join the Suburban Propane team? Because we care about the physical, mental, and financial wellbeing of our employees and provide them with competitive pay plus incentive potential and an outstanding benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, and vision (eligibility after just 30 days of employment)
- Paid time off that increases with tenure
- A 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting
- A new employee training program and many opportunities for continued learning and career development
- Disability and life insurance
- Employee recognition program
- Generous tuition assistance program
- Propane discounts, and more!
For eligibility and a full list of our benefit offerings please visit: https://jobs.suburbanpropane.com/benefits/ .
- College degree required
- 5+ years of experience in Operations and Construction Management
- Successful track record of project management deliverables
- Knowledge of state and federal renewable energy programs
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and MS Projects
- Experience with CPM scheduling, budgeting, and forecasting
As part of our pre-employment hiring process background checks and drug screens are performed.
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in heating oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of propane, natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. As a national propane industry leader with over 3,000 employees, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 42 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers. We are committed to supporting the growth and innovation of propane as a sustainable energy source and investing in the next generation of even cleaner and lower carbon renewable energy sources.
At Suburban Propane, we know that our strength comes from our diverse and inclusive team of employees who make a difference in the communities we serve across the country every day. All applicants for employment shall be considered without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.