Director - Renewable Natural Gas Engineering
JOB ID: 10829
JOB CATEGORY: Corporate Opportunities
POSITION TYPE: Regular Full-Time
When you join Suburban Propane, you become a part of a fast-paced and dynamic company that has been serving its employees and customers for 95 years. It’s an amazing time to become a part of our team as we expand our national footprint and make strides toward a sustainable, clean energy future through our subsidiary, Suburban Renewables!
This position oversees the Engineering function of Suburban Propane’s portfolio of Renewable Natural Gas (RNG) production facilities. As the Director – RNG Engineering, you will work closely with Suburban Propane’s Operations and Construction teams as well as Engineering Firms across the country to construct new production facilities and improve production at our existing facilities.
If you are a skilled Project Engineer who is passionate about renewable energy, then we invite you to apply to join our growing team and be a part of our next 95 years.
- Work closely with outside Engineering firms to develop and design new RNG production facilities
- Work closely with the RNG Operations Manager and Plant Operators to improve current facilities RNG production, safety, and efficiency
- Aid in the development of the short-term and long-term planning, budgeting, coordination, and control of the Company’s RNG portfolio
- Support the research, development, and expansion of new RNG projects
- Coordinate and liaise with strategic partners, partner service contracts, and Suburban Renewable Energy
- Work closely with Operations and Construction to improve business and production processes by identifying and implementing solutions to address areas of opportunity
- Coordinate with the Operations team on managing feedstock provider relationships
- Manage Engineering contractors and consultants and work closely with the Operations and Construction Manager to lead projects from conception to completion.
- Complete reports and special projects for Senior Management as requested
This position requires a minimum of 25% travel.
Additional travel may be required to support business needs.
Why join the Suburban Propane team? Because we care about the physical, mental, and financial wellbeing of our employees and provide them with competitive pay plus incentive potential and an outstanding benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, and vision (eligibility after just 30 days of employment)
- Paid time off that increases with tenure
- A 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting
- A new employee training program and many opportunities for continued learning and career development
- Disability and life insurance
- Employee recognition program
- Generous tuition assistance program
- Propane discounts, and more!
For eligibility and a full list of our benefit offerings please visit: https://jobs.suburbanpropane.com/benefits/ .
- College degree required
- 10+ years of Project Engineer experience required
- Strong computer skills including MS Office products
- Strong project management skills
- Experience in the renewable energy field and a Professional Engineer License preferred
- Knowledge of state and federal renewable energy programs preferred
- Natural gas scheduling knowledge preferred
As part of our pre-employment hiring process background checks and drug screens are performed.
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in heating oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of propane, natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. As a national propane industry leader with over 3,000 employees, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 42 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers. We are committed to supporting the growth and innovation of propane as a sustainable energy source and investing in the next generation of even cleaner and lower carbon renewable energy sources.
At Suburban Propane, we know that our strength comes from our diverse and inclusive team of employees who make a difference in the communities we serve across the country every day. All applicants for employment shall be considered without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.