Customer Engagement Specialist
JOB ID: 10890
JOB CATEGORY: Customer Service
POSITION TYPE: Regular Full-Time
If you have a passion for sales and love interacting with customers, then we are looking for you! We are currently looking for a Customer Relations Specialist with excellent customer service skills to play a pivotal role in helping to support our new business and customer retention initiatives. Using provided warm leads, you will generate new business by contacting both our current and inactive customers with the goal of uncovering additional sales and service opportunities.
- Use a proactive and consultative sales approach, to conduct outbound sales calls to current and inactive customers to sell our product and services with the objective of growing our customer base and increasing revenue
- Understand the individual needs of each customer to effectively offer appropriate products and services and convey the value that Suburban can offer
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of Suburban Propane products and services, customer account and billing processes, customer information, and various policies and procedures related to product delivery and service
- Effectively manage customer account data which includes setting up new accounts and maintaining related data
- Present a professional, confident and enthusiastic image to develop trusting relationships with all customers
Why Suburban Propane? Suburban Propane takes pride in serving our employees and does so by offering competitive pay with incentive potential and a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, HSA and FSAs, paid vacation, personal and sick pay, tuition assistance, online learning opportunities and training, and a 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting.
For a full list of our benefit offerings please visit https://jobs.suburbanpropane.com/benefits/
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a customer service role
- Prior inside sales experience preferred
- Minimum of High School diploma or GED preferred
- Solid computer skills including Microsoft Office, data entry and the ability to run and analyze reports
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments in a team environment
As part of our pre-employment hiring process background checks and drug screens are performed.
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in heating oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of propane, natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. With over 3,000 employees, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 41 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers.
All applicants for employment shall be considered without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.