Suburban Propane has a proud legacy as a fast-paced and dynamic company that has been serving its employees and customers for 95 years.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Region Sales and Business Development Manager to support Region 21, which encompasses our markets in DE, MD, NJ, and PA. This position is based out of our Eldersburg, MD Sales Office.
As a Region Sales and Business Development Manager, you will develop objectives and programs for marketing and sales activities of our local branches, called Customer Service Centers (CSCs), within your market. Working with Region Management, you will plan, direct, and coordinate the efforts of marketing and sales programs to maintain and improve the company’s competitive position.
If you have an entrepreneurial mindset, tactful negotiation skills and the ability to incorporate business strategy into key deliverables, then we invite you to apply.
- Manage a team of Regional Sales Representatives to attain targeted sales goals which includes recruitment and selection, performance management, and training.
- Develop and implement an overall Region marketing strategy that is aligned with national corporate objectives.
- Design and execute marketing and communications programs at the Region level designed to attract new customers and retain and expand relationships with existing customers.
- Work closely with CSC Managers, providing them with the necessary training and support to implement successful local promotions. Help develop and implement product and service promotional programs, uniform CSC appearance policies and procedures, point of sale materials, and merchandising programs.
- Perform market research activities and identify appropriate product mix and pricing strategies.
- Identify growth opportunities and develop market penetration strategies in new and existing markets.
- Work closely with the corporate Marketing Department to determine the most effective advertising/media mix for each local market. Implement corporate initiatives to increase brand name awareness.
- Provide leadership for the development of residential and commercial sales opportunities in your market (i.e., builder realtor relationships and business networks, participating in community activities, bid development for large businesses, etc.).
This position requires up to 50% travel.
Why join the Suburban Propane team? Because we care about the physical, mental, and financial wellbeing of our employees and provide them with competitive pay plus incentive potential and an outstanding benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, and vision (eligibility after just 30 days of employment)
- Paid time off that increases with tenure
- A 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting
- A new employee training program and many opportunities for continued learning and career development
- Disability and life insurance
- Employee recognition program
- Generous tuition assistance program
- Propane discounts, and more!
For eligibility and a full list of our benefit offerings please visit: https://jobs.suburbanpropane.com/benefits/ .
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Marketing or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years of marketing experience, or sales experience with strong marketing orientation
- Experience in a national consumer marketing environment with a branch/retail outlet system preferred
It’s an amazing time to become a part of our team as we expand our national footprint and make strides toward a sustainable, clean energy future!
As part of our pre-employment hiring process background checks and drug screens are performed.
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in heating oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of propane, natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. As a national propane industry leader with over 3,000 employees, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 42 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers. We are committed to supporting the growth and innovation of propane as a sustainable energy source and investing in the next generation of even cleaner and lower carbon renewable energy sources.
At Suburban Propane, we know that our strength comes from our diverse and inclusive team of employees who make a difference in the communities we serve across the country every day. All applicants for employment shall be considered without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.