JOB ID: 4755
JOB CATEGORY: Technicians
POSITION TYPE: Regular Full-Time
We are currently looking for a Distribution Coordinator to be responsible for managing the inventory for propane, aviation gasoline, and diesel dispensers to help maximize profitability. This person will be responsible for all inventory management, regulatory compliance and overall facility standards. This person should be a motivated, self-starter with a strong focus on details. All functions of the facility will be managed by this individual.
- Coordinate the shipping and receiving of merchandise and fuel including partnering with shipping companies to organize outside of area purchases
- Create and maintain strong customer relationships by effectively answering customer inquiries regarding products and services, handling customer complaints, and processing customer billing/payment transactions
- Assist with the management of an inventory of propane cylinders which includes preparing cylinders for refurbishing and inspecting, maintaining and recertifying them
- Troubleshoot and recommend solutions for propane systems
- Perform general maintenance of the facility including keeping the facility and equipment clean and organized
Why Suburban Propane? Suburban Propane takes pride in serving our employees and does so by offering competitive pay with incentive potential and a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, HSA and FSAs, paid vacation, personal and sick pay, tuition assistance, online learning opportunities and training, and a 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting.
- 3+ years of fuel distribution experience preferred
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Propane experience preferred but not required
- Current CDL preferred but not required
- Ability to lift and pull equipment that weighs 50 to 75 lbs.
As part of our pre-employment hiring process background checks and drug screens are performed.
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in heating oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of propane, natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. With over 3,000 employees, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 41 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers.
All applicants for employment shall be considered without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.