JOB ID: 4935
JOB CATEGORY: Corporate Opportunities
POSITION TYPE: Regular Full-Time
When you join Suburban Propane, you become a part of a fast-paced and dynamic company that has been serving its employees and customers for over 90 years. As a Staff Accountant, you will primarily be responsible for filing various types of Tax returns, interpreting assessments, and performing audits. If you are an analytical and detail oriented professional with a strong interest in the corporate tax accounting field, then we invite you to apply to be a part of our next 90 years.
- Complete annual reports, licenses, tax returns and audit preparation in a timely fashion
- Communicate effectively and knowledgeably with Company field and corporate locations and with state and local Taxing authorities
- Research relevant Tax issues utilizing various media when required
- Perform account reconciliations
Why Suburban Propane? Suburban Propane takes pride in serving our employees and does so by offering competitive pay with incentive potential and a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, HSA and FSAs, paid vacation, personal and sick pay, tuition assistance, online learning opportunities and training, and a 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Some previous Tax compliance experience is preferred but not required; training is provided
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and manage time constraints
As part of our pre-employment hiring process, background checks and drug screens are performed.
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in fuel oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of propane, natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. With over 3,000 employees, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 41 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers.
All applicants for employment shall be considered without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.