When you join Suburban Propane, you become a part of a fast-paced and dynamic company that has been serving its employees and customers for over 90 years. As a Facility/Pump/Meter Technician, you will be responsible for rebuilding and testing of propane meters and pumps, building maintenance and HVAC and technical LP training. If you are driven with a collaborative work style and have a passion for working with people, then we invite you to apply to join our growing team and be a part of our next 90 years.
- Rebuilds, tests and calibrates LPG transfer equipment that is shipped to Whippany from our Customer Service Centers (CSCs)
- Assists the Company’s regional technicians with the installation of onboard Touchstar and LCR computer hardware on propane and fuel oil delivery trucks as needed
- Communicates with part vendors, CSC employees, and truck fabricators
- Completes equipment documentation
- Possesses a working knowledge of HVAC controls
- Performs basic general building maintenance which at times requires heavy lifting such as furniture moving, workstation construction and snow removal
- Snow and ice removal may require staying on site overnight; occasionally two consecutive nights depending upon intensity and duration of the storm
Why Suburban Propane? Suburban Propane takes pride in serving our employees and does so by offering competitive pay with incentive potential and a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, HSA and FSAs, paid vacation, personal and sick pay, tuition assistance, online learning opportunities and training, and a 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting.
- High School diploma or GED
- Valid NJ driver’s license
- Some LPG background preferred, but a candidate with a mechanical aptitude will be considered
- HVAC control work
As part of our pre-employment hiring process, background checks and drug screens are performed.
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in fuel oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of propane, natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. With over 3,000 employees, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 41 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers.
All applicants for employment shall be considered without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.