We are currently looking for a Service Technician II to serve as an integral part of our organization by providing safe and reliable service to our customers’ propane and/or fuel oil systems and appliances.
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair propane and/or fuel oil systems and appliances
- Maintain the service vehicle which includes reviewing the maintenance record, performing pre- and post-trip inspections and reporting all vehicle conditions requiring attention for continued safe operation and proper vehicle maintenance
- Deliver propane and/or fuel oil as required in a safe and efficient manner by following proper loading and unloading procedures
- Provide superior customer service and strive to achieve zero service related customer complaints
- Bill customers for services rendered and account for funds and inventory which includes operating a handheld terminal, maintaining a trip report and documenting system testing and related information
Why Suburban Propane? Suburban Propane takes pride in serving our employees and does so by offering competitive pay with incentive potential and a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, HSA and FSAs, paid vacation, personal and sick pay, tuition assistance, online learning opportunities and training, and a 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting.
For a full list of our benefit offerings please visit https://jobs.suburbanpropane.com/benefits/
- Clean driving record with a valid Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License with hazmat, tanker, and air brake endorsements as well as a valid Medical Examiner’s Certificate allowing for operation in interstate commerce (or the ability to quickly obtain stated license, certificate and required endorsements)
- Ability to lift 50 to 75 lbs.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Willingness to work outside in all weather conditions
As part of our pre-employment hiring process background checks and drug screens are performed.
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in heating oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of propane, natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. With over 3,000 employees, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 41 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers.
All applicants for employment shall be considered without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.