When you join Suburban Propane, you become a part of a fast-paced and dynamic company that has been serving its employees and customers for over 90 years. We have an excellent opportunity for a Systems Operations Coordinator to join our Information Systems and Operations team at our Whippany, NJ headquarters.
As the Operations Coordinator, you will be responsible for day to day monitoring, processing and reporting of all daily automated (UC4) jobs and processes that the Operations Department support.
If you possess strong communication and troubleshooting skills with Operating Systems administration experience, then we invite you to apply to join our growing team and be a part of our next 90 years.
- Daily job processing and log checking
- Daily file transfers as it pertains to outside interfacing (Banks, Weather Agencies, etc.)
- Daily backup administration (Offsite Storage, Monitoring, Configuring)
- Schedule jobs in the Operations infrastructure (UC4) on occasion.
- Troubleshoot and work with in house scripting tools. (Automate and WinBatch)
- Communicate to internal businesses as problems occur
This position requires occasional travel for education and training,
weekend and off-hours work as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 3+ Years Windows/Linux Operating Systems experience
- Working knowledge of SAP and Oracle databases
- Knowledge of multiple OS platforms (Unix, Windows, Linux)
- Job scheduling experience
Why Suburban Propane? Suburban Propane takes pride in serving our employees and does so by offering competitive pay with incentive potential and a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, HSA and FSAs, paid vacation, personal and sick pay, tuition assistance, online learning opportunities, training and development, a wellness program, and a 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting.
For a full list of our benefit offerings please visit https://jobs.suburbanpropane.com/benefits/
As part of our pre-employment hiring process background checks and drug screens are performed.
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in heating oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of propane, natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. With over 3,000 employees, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 41 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers.
All applicants for employment shall be considered without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.