Suburban’s Corporate Legal Department is responsible for providing in-house legal support regarding a wide range of legal matters, including compliance and safety, corporate governance, finance, complex litigation, contract review and administration, real estate, labor and employment, and supports the company’s field operations with various legal issues that arise on a daily basis. We are currently in search of a summer intern to support the Department through management of research and preparation of various documents related to the legal matters handled by the attorneys in the Department. This is a paid position.
- Conduct legal research and draft memoranda of law, policy statements and position papers
- Under the supervision of in-house attorneys, assist with case evaluations, investigations, contracts administration, policy updates and other legal projects
- Become familiar with our business practices and the legal aspects related to our products and services
- Perform various paraprofessional, confidential duties designed to enhance understanding of a corporate legal department’s operations and law practice
- Organize and track files of important transactions and case documents, including analyzing and understanding internal records, corporate research, pleadings, and discovery documents
- Completion of one year demonstrating strong academic performance at an ABA accredited law school
- Demonstrated excellence in legal research, analysis and writing
- Knowledge of substantive and procedural legal concepts, terminology and application
- Knowledge of legal procedures related to documentation, legal research and reporting
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
As part of our pre-employment hiring process background checks and drug screens are performed.
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers. Specializing in propane, heating oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. With over 3,000 employees, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 41 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers through over 600 locations.
All applicants for employment shall be considered without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.