We are currently looking for a General Manager (Customer Service Center (CSC) Manager) who is enthusiastic, customer-focused and business-oriented to achieve the financial, growth, compliance, and customer satisfaction goals of the CSC creating a positive impact on the Company. Reporting directly to the (Region) General Manager, you will be primarily responsible for planning and supervising the day-to-day operations of the CSC.
- Manage all aspects of the CSC’s profit and expense activity which includes sales, inventory, fleet, staffing and customer acquisition and retention
- Manage the CSC staff which includes interviewing, hiring, coaching, training and managing performance
- Monitor and assure compliance in areas including safety, health/environmental, human resources and financial/ ethical considerations
- Ensure all customer interaction and service is performed in a manner which consistently meets or exceeds customer expectations to support customer acquisition and retention
Why join the Suburban Propane team? Because we care about the physical, mental, and financial wellbeing of our employees and provide them with competitive pay plus incentive potential and an outstanding benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision (eligibility after just 30 days of employment), disability, life insurance, HSA and FSAs, paid vacation, personal and sick pay, tuition assistance, online learning opportunities and training, and a 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting.
For eligibility and a full list of our benefit offerings please visit: https://jobs.suburbanpropane.com/benefits/ .
- Minimum of 3 years of business experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in business preferred
- Delivery and/or distribution, sales and general management experience desired
- Exceptional written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to provide strong leadership through coaching and mentoring with a focus on customer service
As part of our pre-employment hiring process background checks and drug screens are performed.
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in heating oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of propane, natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. As a national propane industry leader with over 3,000 employees, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 42 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers. We are committed to supporting the growth and innovation of propane as a sustainable energy source and investing in the next generation of even cleaner and lower carbon renewable energy sources.
It’s an amazing time to become a part of our team as we expand our national footprint and
make strides toward a sustainable, clean energy future!
At Suburban Propane, we know that our strength comes from our diverse and inclusive team of employees who make a difference in the communities we serve across the country every day. All applicants for employment shall be considered without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.