We are looking for a motivated Staff Accountant to join our team in our corporate headquarters. As a Staff Accountant, you will be responsible for the reconciliation of the Company’s liquid products in both Company owned and leased storage facilities. The position experiences periods of high volume during peak season and the individual in the position must be able to work independently under moderate supervision. Additionally, accuracy is required as activity affects our Customer Service Centers’ profit and loss statements.
- Reconciles daily sales and adjustment files from the Company’s retail system (ADDs) into the Company’s General Ledger system (SAP)
- Reconciles the Company’s liquid retail/bulk storage inventory and processes necessary adjustments
- Assists the Customer Service Centers with inquiries concerning liquid products
- Prepares General Ledger account analysis and reconciliation, validating transaction entries, documentation, and resolving issues
- Assists with the month-end liquid inventory close including processing of transactions, journal entries and financial statements
- Assists others in the Fuel Accounting department on projects and assignments as needed
Why Suburban Propane? Suburban Propane takes pride in serving our employees and does so by offering competitive pay with incentive potential and a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, paid vacation, sick pay, tuition assistance and 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting based on eligibility requirements.
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 0-2 years of Accounting experience
- Have knowledge of accounting software, preferably SAP
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Need to have the ability to evaluate and understand accounting transactions
- Knowledge of GAAP
As part of our pre-employment hiring process background checks and drug screens are performed.
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in fuel oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of propane, natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. With over 3,000 employees, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 41 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers.
All applicants for employment shall be considered without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.