When you join Suburban Propane, you become a part of a fast-paced and dynamic company that has been serving its employees and customers for over 90 years. We have an exciting opportunity for a Government Affairs Associate to develop and execute the Company’s government relations and advocacy strategies at our Whippany, NJ headquarters.
As the Government Affairs Associate, you will execute strategic political and advocacy programs by making recommendations based on analysis related to the strategic direction of the business and understanding of legislative and/or regulatory developments.
If you are a self-starter with the ability to translate research findings into actionable insights, then we invite you to apply to join our growing team and be a part of our next 90 years.
- Monitor and analyze pending legislation and regulations across the Company’s operational footprint.
- Serve as an advisor to internal and external stakeholders, and provide political, public affairs, and advocacy analysis to the Sr. Manager - Government Affairs & Corporate Communications and the VP, Strategic Initiatives - Renewable Energy.
- Partner with other internal departments to identify potential legislative or regulatory issues impacting the Company.
- Leverage resources in policy engagements to maximize the impact of state advocacy efforts and advance Company government affairs and public relations objectives.
- Understand and communicate key industry issues and trends, and recommend strategies to ensure that the Company’s public policy objectives and messaging have the greatest possible impact.
Why join the Suburban Propane team? Because we care about the physical, mental, and financial wellbeing of our employees and provide them with competitive pay plus incentive potential and an outstanding benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision (eligibility after just 30 days of employment), disability, life insurance, HSA and FSAs, paid vacation, personal and sick pay, tuition assistance, online learning opportunities and training, and a 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting.
For eligibility and a full list of our benefit offerings please visit: https://jobs.suburbanpropane.com/benefits/ .
- Bachelor’s Degree in a social science (political science, history, economics, etc.)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in government, politics, government relations, and/or public affairs; experience in a legislator’s or governor’s office preferred
- Ability to review and analyze complex legislation and regulations and understand their potential impact on the Company
As part of our pre-employment hiring process background checks and drug screens are performed.
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in heating oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of propane, natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. With over 3,000 employees, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 41 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers.
All applicants for employment shall be considered without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.