We are currently looking for a talented, dynamic and motivated outside sales professional to join our team in the Southern and Central Maine Market Area. Reporting to an Region Sales and Business Development Manager, in this position you will independently prospect, develop and nurture relationships with businesses and industry entities.
- Develop new sales leads by prospecting and pursuing targeted new business through calling or visiting potential customers, attending trade shows, initiating mailings and other related activities
- Negotiate and close new sales contracts and service agreements to achieve year over year customer base growth
- Develop and leverage relationships with businesses and industry entities such as real estate companies, home builder associations and other trade organizations to cultivate new business prospects
- Actively participate in industry organizations to continually build a professional network
- Partner with Regional Management and the National Accounts group to aggressively pursue Regional and National Accounts business opportunities
- Champion a positive, professional image of Suburban Propane to create customer goodwill and foster referrals and repeat business
- Follow up with new accounts to ensure customer satisfaction and fulfillment of the job
Why Suburban Propane? Suburban Propane takes pride in serving our employees and does so by offering competitive pay base pay plus commission and incentive potential and a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, HSA and FSAs, paid vacation, personal and sick pay, tuition assistance, online learning opportunities and training, and a 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting.
For a full list of our benefit offerings please visit https://jobs.suburbanpropane.com/benefits/
- 1-2 years of business-to-business sales experience
- Some college or equivalent in experience and education (Business related Bachelor’s Degree preferred)
- Excellent verbal communication skills including the ability to negotiate and convincingly persuade others
- Professional and articulate with an enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Industry knowledge is preferred but not required
- Basic understanding of oil and gas fired appliances and related distribution systems (training is provided)
As part of our pre-employment hiring process background checks and drug screens are performed.
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers. Specializing in propane, heating oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. With over 3,000 employees, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 41 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers through over 600 locations.
All applicants for employment shall be considered without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.