When you join Suburban Propane, you become a part of a fast-paced and dynamic company that has been serving its employees and customers for over 90 years. It’s an amazing time to become a part of our team as we expand our national footprint and make strides toward a sustainable, clean energy future!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Programmer Analyst at our Whippany, NJ headquarters who will be responsible for reviewing, analyzing, and modifying programming systems utilizing all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle. As a Programmer Analyst, you will perform systems analysis and business systems design functions related to systems development and installations.
If you are a motivated self-starter with programming experience, then we invite you to apply to join our growing team and be a part of our next 90 years.
- Performs analysis, design, development, testing, and implementation phases for new development projects, application software changes, and version upgrades
- Provides production system support services including investigation of processing errors and system problems
- Ensure adherence to department standards, methods and policies
- Ability to communicate effectively with both business and technical staff and convey complex ideas both verbally and in written form
- Maintains programming skills and current knowledge of application development technology as related to specific technical project assignments
This position requires occasional overnight travel and overtime as needed.
Why join the Suburban Propane team? Because we care about the physical, mental, and financial wellbeing of our employees and provide them with competitive pay plus incentive potential and an outstanding benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, and vision (eligibility after just 30 days of employment)
- Paid time off that increases with tenure
- A 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting
- A new employee training program and many opportunities for continued learning and career development
- Disability and life insurance
- Employee recognition program
- Generous tuition assistance program
- Propane discounts, and more!
For eligibility and a full list of our benefit offerings please visit: https://jobs.suburbanpropane.com/benefits/ .
- BS/BA and/or 4 year technical degree in (or directly related to) Computer Science
- Minimum 8 years of systems programming experience
- A clear understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle and Systems Integration concepts and experience utilizing them
- Proficiency in relationship database concepts and query applications coding (e.g. Oracle, MS SQL Sequel, etc.)
- Proficiency with application development tools/suites (e.g. Oracle Sequel Developer, Sequel Server Management Studio)
- Proficiency with database reporting writing tools (e.g. SQR, SSRS)
- Must have a good working knowledge and recent working experience programming applications/reporting within and using MS SQL, SSRS reporting, SSIS, Oracle, and PL/SQL
As part of our pre-employment hiring process, background checks and drug screens are performed.
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in heating oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of propane, natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. With over 3,000 employees and as the 3rd largest propane retailer in the country, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 42 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers. We are committed to supporting the growth and innovation of propane as a sustainable energy source and investing in the next generation of even cleaner and lower carbon renewable energy sources.
At Suburban Propane, we know that our strength comes from our diverse and inclusive team of employees who make a difference in the communities we serve across the country every day. All applicants for employment shall be considered without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.