Our Cash Applications Department has a new opportunity for a Seasonal Payment Processing Representative to be based in our Fresno, CA location. In this position, the employee will research and deposit customer payments and ensure that all information is accurate and complete.
Monday - Friday 6:00am - 2:30pm
- Open and sort mail payments by location and by payment batches.
- Research customer payments to ensure they are applied as the customer has requested.
- Apply check payments to open charges on customer accounts using a check scanning system.
- Process credit card payments including posting to accounts and logging activity.
- Handle any duties (balancing & totaling accounts at the end of the day) associated with the processing of customer payments.
- Provide a high level of customer account management by properly maintaining account information and data.
- Assist with research with more complex requests from the field.
- Complete Adjustment Request Form for Accounts Receivables.
- Assist Cash Application Administrator with their daily responsibilities when needed.
Why Suburban Propane? Suburban Propane takes pride in serving our temporary employees and does so by offering competitive pay, sick pay, and a 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting based on eligibility requirements.
- Minimum of High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Understanding of basic computer applications including MS Office
- Ability to learn and apply multiple business software applications
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to operate a 10-key machine by touch
As part of our pre-employment hiring process background checks and drug screens are performed.
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in fuel oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of propane, natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. With over 3,000 employees, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 41 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers.
All applicants for employment shall be considered without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.